During the fall, buddies and teens participate in monthly “buddy events”. These have arts themes, such as music, visual art, photography, theatre and more.
Later in the year, buddy pairs go into the community and experience art together. They might go to a museum, attend a live theatre show or go to a concert.
Finally, in late spring, teens and buddies give back by doing community service together.
Interested in becoming a buddy family?
2013-2014 Buddy Events
- Sunday, August 25th 2:30pm-4:00pm Meet your Buddy
Note: Attendance to Meet your Buddy Event is Mandatory – no exceptions.
- Sunday, September 7th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Saturday, October 12th 12:30pm-2:00pm
- Saturday, November 16th 12:30pm-2:00pm
- Saturday, December 14th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Saturday, January 11th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Saturday, February 8th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Sunday, March 23rd Time TBD Red Carpet Event
- Saturday, April 26th Time TBD
In order to participate families must be able to attend 8 out of the 9 events
- Fill out the
- Once submitted, we will be in touch to schedule a home visit with you and your family to ensure PFO is a fit
- April : Application available online
- May 15th: Application DUE
- May 16th-23rd Home Visits
- June 1st PFO Birthday Party
PFO means fun to Kaitlin and Joe. But to me, it is an opportunity to allow people whose life may not have ever been touched by a person with a disability to get to know and love someone that is what the world sees as “disabled” — until they no longer see “disability”: They just see a friend. Kristin Pettler mother of Kaitlin & Joe
PFO is an extraordinary organization that has enriched my daughter’s life with love and companionship and exposure to the arts. There is nothing else like it! Mitzi Corrigan, mother of Emma